Fable: Legends eat your heart out

I'm thrilled to see the Asymmetrical Dungeon Brawler genre finally get some attention. I was disappointed when Fable: Legends was cancelled because this style of game is exactly what I've been craving for years, now Breach is taking up the torch and I'm hyped! I'm not a huge fan of the cyberpunk aesthetic, would very much prefer a Dark Souls/Darkest Dungeon medieval fantasy style, but I can deal. Can anyone tell me a bit about the classes? I always play tanks, typically sword and shield but also sustain/lifesteal when available.

Comments

• Oh wow I forgot about that one.

The one that I first knew about was Shadow Realms. And considering this is made by ex-Bioware developers, I will always wonder if this came from the ashes of Shadow Realms. (Which reminds me there's that dev stream I have yet to watch.)

Can anyone tell me a bit about the classes?

Always subject to change since the game isn't released, but... https://breach.gamepedia.com/Classes

• There was/is Battleborn as well, but they really dropped the ball on that one making it pay to play. I think if they'd have launched free to play it would have gotten a lot more attention. Not quite the same thing, but you may have missed that one.

• edited December 2018

@ZenBear said:
    I'm thrilled to see the Asymmetrical Dungeon Brawler genre finally get some attention. I was disappointed when Fable: Legends was cancelled because this style of game is exactly what I've been craving for years, now Breach is taking up the torch and I'm hyped! I'm not a huge fan of the cyberpunk aesthetic, would very much prefer a Dark Souls/Darkest Dungeon medieval fantasy style, but I can deal. Can anyone tell me a bit about the classes? I always play tanks, typically sword and shield but also sustain/lifesteal when available.

Nice to see a fellow tank player! I suggest you trying the Shadow School first - the Bloodstalker class, which is a lifesteal tank. Don't forget to check out the Battle School also, the Mana Warrior and the Vanguard. If you want to read more about the Schools - just click on the link. See you in-game!

• @ZenBear said:
    Can anyone tell me a bit about the classes? I always play tanks, typically sword and shield but also sustain/lifesteal when available.

I also tend to play tanks most often, that or support. Bloodstalker is straight up what you're looking for. I started with Mana warrior and Bloodstalker was my first class I purchased. It's a tank with great self sustain and good damage. It kinda suffers in the mob control department as the Shadow school is mostly single target. Vanguard is also a good option for a self sustaining tank as Bastard Cleave and resolute block offer self healing, plus you have good team support. I haven't played it myself but my brother really likes playing the Reaper and mixing the necromancers summons. Every tank I've played so far has been good and fun actually.