Feeling a bit burned by QC...

Some of you may be (un)aware that QC games recently made Breach FREE to play (permanently) for users who download the game this weekend.

This feels a bit like a slap in the face of your early adopters: people like me who spent good money to help support the game's development and growth.

I get that the game's population is dying and you guys need (want?) a quick infusion of cash (from micro-transactions), but damn...really feels bad man.

Link for reference:
https://slickdeals.net/f/12870481-breach-pc-game-free-to-keep-if-you-download-and-login-by-monday-10am-pst?src=SiteSearch

Comments

• I don't feel burned at all, quite the opposite actually. Before they did this free access they gave all of the founders 3,000 QC points, which was quite generous. From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the free access folks from this weekend only have access to their starting class and the free rotation. As a founder I have access to all of the characters in my founder's set, the gold from the founder's set, the free pyromancer, and now 3,000 extra QC points. The free access guys will still need to either grind out gold for classes or buy them with QC points, so it's not like they're getting free classes with this deal. So I do't feel burned at all by this weekend, but I'm sorry if this does offend some people.

• @Jfulltime said:
    I don't feel burned at all, quite the opposite actually. Before they did this free access they gave all of the founders 3,000 QC points, which was quite generous. From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the free access folks from this weekend only have access to their starting class and the free rotation. As a founder I have access to all of the characters in my founder's set, the gold from the founder's set, the free pyromancer, and now 3,000 extra QC points. The free access guys will still need to either grind out gold for classes or buy them with QC points, so it's not like they're getting free classes with this deal. So I do't feel burned at all by this weekend, but I'm sorry if this does offend some people.

This is what I was going to stress. Even though we brought in some new players, they are starting from scratch with just 500 QC Points and a 7-day boost, 1 Hero Class and 1 VD class from completing the tutorials. The OP and others who purchased a pack ahead of time received way more value on their initial purchase in the form of classes, skins, and other extras, and we also added additional boosts and 3,000 QC Points to all previously existing players before the $10 Early Access Pass was released.

We've also stated since the beginning that Breach would eventually be free-to-play, and part of that is actually getting in some free-to-play players in order to see how our now-adjusted progression and economy (based directly on player feedback) handles a player that did not come in with one of the paid packages. Everything helps as we move forward with development, and we appreciate you being here since the earlier times, which is why we made sure to compensate our most tenured players thus far.